Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween

Dear Sophia,
We are now ready for Halloween. I was sure I was going to dress you up in a boy barong but that smart idea was quickly diminished by your lola so I had to go looking for a girly costume over the weekend. I still wasn't sold on a fairy or a witch outfit and was hoping for a ladybug costume but didn't want to shell out Php1,800 on something you're only going to use once. We went to Rustans to talk myself into buying the ladybug outfit when we noticed another stash of costumes nearby and I instantly fell in love with it.

There were several choices, one was of course, the customary Witch outfit, which we ended up getting, and there was a Rabbit, which Ninong Ton got for you. A runner up that didn't make it was a dragon - looking back now I wish we got it na rin - but waste not want not so ...

What I love about these costumes is that its not going to hassle you so much. Its a bib and bonnet tandem and whoever is carrying you will just need to wear a complimentary background color (the garden bedsheet for the bunny and the orange blanket for the witch)






This is your first Halloween and we will be with our cousins, from your lolo's side. It's been awhile since we all had a get together and hopefully this tradition picks up again. I remember the Christmases we used to spend at Project 6 and was saddened that the get togethers ended when Yayay died.

No comments:

Post a Comment