Sunday, September 26, 2010

Things I want you to know

Dear Sophie,

The other night I had a dream about being told by a doctor that I had lung cancer and that I only had a few months to live so just in case it's premonition, here are the things I want you to learn:

1. Try everything with Kindness first. (Kindness and sweetness)
2. Smile. Always have a sweet smile for everyone, be it your friend, a stranger, or an (especially an) enemy.
3. Listen to your lola.
4. Stick with Bea and Sean. No matter what. Blood is thicker than water.
5. Make sure you involve Kuya Mike and Kuya Paolo in every aspect of your life.
6. Save money.
7. Pray a lot.
8. Always talk to your Ninongs and Ninangs. They were chosen for a reason.
9. There are a lot of boys out there. No need to commit to one early on. There's about a million "The Ones" out there, and know that the real one is the one who you will not change for, improve for, cry over and hurt over. The one will be your friend who you will be able to talk to, share your thoughts with.
10. Be kind to your staff. This is hard, especially with our temperament, but I have been praying that you will be compassionate

There's a lot more, most of them I learned the hard way, and I pray everyday you won't be as stubborn as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment