Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gwapo

All grandkids I helped mom take care of wore white, mainly because it looks clean and it shows critters and dirt stains right away. I found this sensible so when I did my baby layette shopping, I got everything in white.

I would sometimes get the urge to dress you in colors, but I'd worry I might miss something and the furthest I've gone were pink linings on your white polo shirts. Until now.

The other day, while at Festival mall (yes Anak, you've been malling) a girl complimented you (but of course) and told me "Ang gwapo ng anak nyo". I politely smiled and thanked her, but I did say that you're a she. She apologized and we both went our separate ways.

After thinking about it over night I left you with your lola, took your Ate Bea to school, went to Festival Mall and spent Php1,500 on colorful clothes for you. Your lola who normally would've nagged my head off didn't protest much (except that I bought too many when you'd be growing up fast) whenI showed her my loot because, I guess, she also doesn't like you being mistaken for a boy.

And yes, just Php1,500. Anak, do not expect branded clothes, even when we could afford them. I can not abide spending a lot on one clothing. Food, I will spend on, but never things others could live without. You must always keep in mind that though on most things Quality is better than Quantity, every day clothes is not one of them.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment