Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cake Design for Sophie's bday


Hi Pia,

I'm still undecided on the theme. I know I want stars, half moons, a lady bug, wands, castles and crowns on it.

Two or three layers depending on the cost.
The colors sana are festive, so im not sure if that can be achieved if we go with frosted.
Flavor - Im thinking chocolate - but we can discuss that. I am open to suggestions.







Changes:
Lady bug will be traditional black and red.
More vibrant shade of green and pink
We will stick stars behind the ladybug like in cake number 4 below and the balls surrounding the cake will be bigger and of differnt colors

wachathnkShep?
inspirations: 








I am hoping both layers will be edible :D if it would be too heavy, we can create one layer each, and I will have a special cake tower made.

For the cupcakes - we will go mini cupcakes again... toppers:
stars
lady bug
crown
butterfly
frog (for the boys)




Updated - after party, May 21
actual cake:


When I first saw it, I liked it, but I was hoping for a smaller circle, to make it look more .... i dunno, pulledtogether? not even sure if thats the right word. THEN I got to taste it. Heaven. the top layer (yes, both layers are real! Even the ladybug is a cake!) is best, because when it's sliced, chances are the icing on the bottom part comes with it and it makes for awesome sweetness!

I think what Pia (Baked Pea's) did was create 2 cakes and put them one on top of the other. And then added a third layer (sort of) of gum paste ladybug. Which to this day I'm still eating, little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment