Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stroller

Dear Sophie,
Our love affair with your stroller started when I went to Makati for the first time after giving birth. We saw all kinds of strollers and I started to want them for you. You already had a good stroller from Ninong Dennis, so I sadly just shrugged it off. Plus I checked out the prices and they were ridiculously expensive.




Then one day, when you were about five months old, lolo commented on how you were beginning to outgrow your stroller. I took that as a sign that we should go hunting for a new one.



We looked at several designs,  but the one I really wanted was the Quinny  Senzz™m with its sleek design, and perfect specs, but it was ridiculously expensive that would've been half of your birthing cost. I felt guilty about spending too much when others have so little (you will hear a lot of that from me, and I hope you will feel the same way in the future)




I looked at one of the popular choices, Graco, but it looked too plastic for me. I had images of a Chinese factory just spewing out graco strollers after graco strollers.


Then I tried the second hand route. Combi and Aprica were also popular choices, but there were a lot of Japanese surplus shops selling them and I met, through facebook one who sold both.

We initially got you a Combi, something both you and lola liked. You were finally allowed to sit up and you looked really cute with your foot propped up on the banister.



But I was an idiot, and I wasn't content. I was still looking for the perfect stroller. So off to the same store we went. This time we picked up an Aprica. I wasn't able to take pictures. Lola wanted an umbrella type and she wasn't too pleased that I kept changing my strollers. I decided to just buy one.
Tadaaa





I believe that everything happens for a reason, and the chain of events that led to this further strengthened my belief.

we got this at sm sucat, at half the price. and we love it because it fully reclines.

2 comments:

  1. hi sis. pinkpotato here at GT. your baby is cute! :) and nice ride she has.

    following you now. see you at http://hahpiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete