Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hormones

Dear Sophie,

Ive been crying all day. Little sniffs here and there... nothing extreme. I'm not sad about a particular anything, just about the way of the world, about how some people are suffering. You see, the world has a weird sense of balance. Too many rich people, but an even bigger number of poor people. Sometimes it will break your heart, just thinking about it.

We have been blessed. We have more than most people do, and always always remember that. Always be thankful. If you want to be happy, don't look up, look down. Looking at people more fortunate than you might result in resentment, anger, jealousy - things that are never good for you. Looking at people less fortunate will always remind you about how lucky you are.

So be thankful. Ever since I got pregnant with you, on the way to work, I repeat a prayer over and over again. Someday I'll teach you that prayer. For now, I'm sleepy. You're with you yaya, just outside my room.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment