Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fever

Dear Sophie,

I started going back to the gym and I think I may have been a bit too excited because I was all sickly Tuesday at work and had to go home early. Wednesday I was aching all over and Geraldine, a househelp, rubbed ice on my feet to help ease the pain.

I felt so helpless because all I wanted to do was sleep in, but I had you to take care of. There was your solid food that I had to prepare and you I had to feed and bathe. I am not (really) complaining, but keep in mind that before you, I did not have anyone or anything to concern myself with. I was really quite selfish. So anyway, I was in so much pain bathing you was a problem that instead of me holding you steady your yaya Letty had to take over the task. And. Oh. My. God. The Pumping of Milk. IF that is the pain other mothers complained about experiencing when they first attempted to nurse and/or pump, I can completely understand why they did not push through with it. Ok, that was me whining. The feel of the pump stretching my skin is still too fresh. I apologize.

The best part about being sick is that I get to stay at home and sleep with you, and I will never allow myself to be so sick that I will not be allowed to sleep next to you.

Somebody had asked me a few weeks ago how it was like, having you, and I told him that you are the love that I've been looking for, the one I would never tire of, or get bored with. AT the risk of this sounding a lot like a cheap song, I know now what love is.

And again, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment